Introspective writing: Favourite and least favourite math teachers
One of my favourite math teacher is a teacher at my secondary school who taught me for Math 9, Math 11, and Math 12. Personally, I like this teacher because his teaching style is direct and easy to follow. He would just write the topics, theorem, questions directly on the blackboard or overhead projector and guide us though each of the question. I like him because I personally prefer clean and direct instructions, especially in Mathematics.
My least favourite Mathematics teacher is one I had for Grade 8 Math in Secondary School. In class, this teacher would make different classroom activities and make students work with other students in questions. The classroom would get quite chaotic at times when people move around and there isn't a set theorems or informations to follow. I feel like I couldn't learn so well in such a chaotic environment.
The contrast between these two teachers is very interesting and common! in a full sized classroom, you will find students like yourself, who prefer the "clean and direct instructions", but you will also have those students who are more successful when they can engage in math and be allowed to "get messy" while learning. How will you balance these diverse students in your own class knowing yourself as a learner. Do you think that will influence how you teach?
ReplyDelete